At GREE Ventures, our investments will be focused on early-stage Internet and mobile service companies.
We aim to support the growth of start-up companies in Indonesia, Japan, and other countries in Southeast and East Asia with the potential to act globally. We provide not only investment, but also management advice, GREE's accumulated knowledge and know-how, and a range of other services.
The following five points are the most important issues for us when considering an investment.
- What is the “problem” or “Pain” to be resolved (needs)?
- How many users are there (market potential)?
- How will the problem be resolved (solution)?
- Who will resolve this “Problem” or “Pain” (team)?
- What is the exit strategy?
We invest in and educate start-up companies with future high-growth potential through investments in a wide range of IT services. Our focus is primarily on Southeast and East Asian Internet and mobile businesses.
- Specific Examples of Investment Areas
- Apps for smart devices, E-commerce, advertising technologies, social services
Our primary targets for investment are early-stage (initial stage) companies. As the business grows, we can provide the necessary funds.
Our investment scale guidelines suggest from 30 million yen to 100 million yen per company in Southeast Asia and 50 million yen to 200 million yen per company in East Asia.